Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries, brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous. Stuff 1/3 cup into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- 2. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops
"My family loved these so much the first timewe made them, that we made them again the next night! I also added a hint of lemon pepper to the meat."
"Not a nice one"