Grilled pork chops have a lovely stuffing of couscous, cherries and seasonings in this quick and elegant main dish. Served with a salad, it’s perfect for special occasions, but speedy enough for everyday family suppers.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries, brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous. Stuff 1/3 cup into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p57
Reviews forCherry-Stuffed Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2011
"My family loved these so much the first timewe made them, that we made them again the next night! I also added a hint of lemon pepper to the meat."
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2009
"Not a nice one"