Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Grilled pork chops have a lovely stuffing of couscous, cherries and seasonings in this quick and elegant main dish. Served with a salad, it’s perfect for special occasions, but speedy enough for everyday family suppers.
- 1 package (5.6 ounces) couscous with toasted pine nuts
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stir the cherries, brown sugar, butter and ginger into prepared couscous. Stuff 1/3 cup into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cherry-Stuffed Pork Chops(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >