Cherry-Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
Sweet dried cherries, brown sugar and tangy lemon juice spruce up tender squash halves in this special wintertime side dish. "Instead of sweet potatoes, I make this delicious recipe for holiday dinners," writes Christa Beard of Jacksonville, Florida.
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 2/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side up in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the cherries, brown sugar, lemon peel, nutmeg and salt; spoon into squash halves. Sprinkle with lemon juice; dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until squash is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Cherry-Stuffed Acorn Squash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC