A scrumptious coconut crust complements cherry pie filling in these quick-to-fix squares. Try them the next time you're entertaining a friend or two for coffee. Mildred Schwartzentruber, Tavistock, Ontario
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, combine first four ingredients. Press half the mixture
- into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Top with the pie filling and
- sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.