- the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after
- each addition. Fold in cherries and pecans.
- Transfer batter to prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool
- for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add
- confectioners’ sugar and enough water to achieve spreading
- consistency. Tint with food coloring if desired. Spread frosting
- between layers and over top and sides of cake. Garnish with
- additional pecans. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 387 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.