Cherry Soup Recipe
- 4 cups fresh, frozen or canned red tart pitted cherries
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1. In large saucepan, place the cherries, water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until cherries until tender. Adjust sugar, if necessary, depending on tartness of cherries.
- 2. For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in milk. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling soup. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are fluffy. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 196 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Soup
"This is one of my favorites! Don't let the looks fool you! This recipe is not too sweet and can be eaten as dessert, snack or part of your meal. It freezes so well too!"
"I'm interested in trying this! Sounds intriguing. Is this eaten as a sweet dessert?"
"This was really not bad! It looks a little strange, no doubt, but it's pretty good."
"I am not a huge dessert fan and very seldom do I even bother with making one. When I saw the picture of this and read the recipe I was anxious to give it a try. I served it as part of our Christmas dinner and it was a great hit. Everyone loved it and and asked for a copy of the recipe. This is something that I will make again!"