Cherry Soup Recipe
- 4 cups fresh, frozen or canned red tart pitted cherries
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup milk
- In large saucepan, place the cherries, water, sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until cherries until tender. Adjust sugar, if necessary, depending on tartness of cherries.
- For dumplings, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in milk. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling soup. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until dumplings are fluffy. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Soup
Sort By :
This was really not bad! It looks a little strange, no doubt, but it's pretty good.
I am not a huge dessert fan and very seldom do I even bother with making one. When I saw the picture of this and read the recipe I was anxious to give it a try. I served it as part of our Christmas dinner and it was a great hit. Everyone loved it and and asked for a copy of the recipe. This is something that I will make again!