Cherry Snowball Cookies Recipe
"These simple cookies have a delicate buttery flavor complemented by the cherry surprise in the center," notes Joy Schuster of Glentana, Montana. "They've become a holiday favorite for my family."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC