Cherry Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Snowball Cookies
"These are really good cookies and I like to put them on trays that I give at Christmas.They are enjoyed by all."
"These were so great my family loves them in wants to know when I'm making the next batch!"
"These cookies are easy & taste wonderful. I do add a few drops of red food coloring to the dough to tint it pink."
"Tastes almost exactly like a spritz cookie."
"these are great with a great surprised in the middle.. they were really easy to make.They look pretty too."
"These cookies were very easy to make and tasted great. I am going to try the chocolate chip idea, that sounds yummy also.Thanks for all the great ideas."