Cherry Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 jar (6 ounces) maraschino cherries without stems, drained and halved
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape a tablespoonful of dough around each cherry, forming a ball. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until the bottoms are browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 99 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Snowball Cookies
"These are really good cookies and I like to put them on trays that I give at Christmas.They are enjoyed by all."
"These were so great my family loves them in wants to know when I'm making the next batch!"
"These cookies are easy & taste wonderful. I do add a few drops of red food coloring to the dough to tint it pink."
"Tastes almost exactly like a spritz cookie."
"these are great with a great surprised in the middle.. they were really easy to make.They look pretty too."
"These cookies were very easy to make and tasted great. I am going to try the chocolate chip idea, that sounds yummy also.Thanks for all the great ideas."
"I've made this recipe for Christmas for years now and they always come out great and just melt in your mouth. My kids love to help with these cookies! The dough is super easy to work with and the cookies come out just as great without the cherry in the middle or with a chocolate chip instead."