Cherry Sauce Recipe
Served warm, this cherry sauce makes a wonderful topping for sponge cake, pound cake or ice cream. You could also try it as a filling for crepes or blintzes.
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- Sponge cake, pound cake or ice cream
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Set cherries aside. Add enough water to juice to equal 1-1/4 cups. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, vanilla, cherries and food coloring if desired. Serve warm over cake or ice cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 116 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC