Cherry Ribbon Salad
Filled with pineapple, pecans and cherry pie filling, this colorful salad mold adds fun, fruity flavor to any potluck menu. —Virginia Luke, Red Level, Alabama
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1-1/4 cups boiling water.
- Stir in pie filling. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking
- spray; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- In a large bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water.
- Stir in pineapple. Chill for about 1 hour or until thickened but not
- Combine the whipped topping, mayonnaise and pecans if desired; fold
- into orange mixture. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate for at
- least 1 hour or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium,