Cherry Ribbon Salad Recipe
Filled with pineapple, pecans and cherry pie filling, this colorful salad mold adds fun, fruity flavor to any potluck menu. —Virginia Luke, Red Level, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2-1/4 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in 1-1/4 cups boiling water. Stir in pie filling. Pour into a 7-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve orange gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in pineapple. Chill for about 1 hour or until thickened but not set.
- 3. Combine the whipped topping, mayonnaise and pecans if desired; fold into orange mixture. Spoon over cherry layer. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 184 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC