- 1-2/3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup drained pitted tart cherries
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, cherries, tapioca and food coloring if desired; stir gently and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pastry sheet in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one half to fit a 7-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Rhubarb Pie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p26
Reviews for Cherry Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2009
"We made this tonight. It was super easy and VERY tasty. We'll be making it again!"