Cherry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
I've got to share this recipe, which is a must in our house during rhubarb season. —Shirley Steele, San Jose, California
- 1-2/3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup drained pitted tart cherries
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, cherries, tapioca and food coloring if desired; stir gently and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut pastry sheet in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one half to fit a 7-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 432 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC