- 1-2/3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup drained pitted tart cherries
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, sugar, cherries, tapioca and food coloring if desired; stir gently and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pastry sheet in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one half to fit a 7-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate; add filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Rhubarb Pie in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p26
Reviews for Cherry Rhubarb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2009
"We made this tonight. It was super easy and VERY tasty. We'll be making it again!"