Cherry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and extract if desired. Transfer to jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews for Cherry Rhubarb Jam(12)
Sort By :
this is wonderful, and easy. I also processed the jars for 10 min. this is a must try.
My grandchildren absolutely loved this.
I may add an additional cup of rhubarb next time or decrease the sugar by 1/2 C. With the sweet in the jello and the pie filling, I think less sugar would not be missed!
Everyone who eats this raves about how yummy it is! I processed in jelly jars in a water bath for 10 min. for easier storage. Gave to my daughter's preschool teachers for teacher appreciation week and they all went nuts! This will definitely become a regular jam recipe!
On my second batch today. I'm going to take some to my relatives in CA. I really love the taste and the recipe is so easy!
I have used this recipe for years. I like to chop the cherries slightly in food processor so they spread throughout the jam.