Cherry Rhubarb Jam Recipe
This tangy sweet spread is "jam-packed" with lots of cherry flavor, plus a hint of rhubarb. My mother gives jars of it to friends during rhubarb season—it's so delicious on toast and muffins. —Faye Sampson, Radcliffe, Iowa
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb and sugar; let stand for 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and extract if desired. Transfer to jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 28 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC