Cherry-Raspberry Jam Recipe
When sour cherries and red raspberries are in season, I always freeze some with this recipe in mind. I've been making jams and jellies for years, and friends and family agree this is the best I make.
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped or ground sour cherries (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups red raspberries
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine cherries and raspberries; stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 half-pints.
2 tablespoon: 93 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Cherry-Raspberry Jam
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2016
"Delicious! I loved the tart fruit combination."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC