Cherry Puddles Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg substitute, buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Use a knife to divide batter into 24 rectangles; spoon a small amount of pie filling into the center of each.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
One serving (without confectioners' sugar) equals 134 calories, 123 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cherry Puddles Cake
"I used the recipe for Cherry Puddles Cake as the basis for my “Citrus Orange Cake.”In place of egg substitute I used 3 whole eggs, because I had them on hand already. I didn’t have buttermilk, so I used regular. I added 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, instead of 1. The biggest change was that I added about ¾ cup of orange pulp(made by grating several sliced oranges) to the batter.Instead of putting cherry pie filling on the top of the cake I made a glaze out of confectioners sugar and some juice from a jar of maraschino cherries.The cake was deliciously awesome!"