"This lovely distinctive cake is a satisfying treat," says Shirley Kidd, field editor from New London, Minnesota.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg substitute, buttermilk, lemon juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Use a knife to divide batter into 24 rectangles; spoon a small amount of pie filling into the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Puddles Cake in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p17
Reviews for Cherry Puddles Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review