Cherry Pudding Cake Recipe
A cross between a cake and a cobbler, this pudding is a hit whenever I make it to share at a potluck. My family insists I make an extra batch to leave at home. A neighbor shared the recipe over 30 years ago. -Brenda Parker, Kalamazoo, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) water-packed pitted tart red cherries, well drained
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, milk and oil; pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, combine cherries, food coloring if desired, extract and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 296 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC