Cherry Pudding Cake Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) water-packed pitted tart red cherries, well drained
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, milk and oil; pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, combine cherries, food coloring if desired, extract and remaining sugar; spoon over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Pudding Cake(10)
Sort By :
I have made this many times and it is always a hugh hit. I have also used different fruits. Be creative.
very easy & very tasty - we topped it with Cool Whip & it was great -
You've got to be kidding! TWO cups of flour and ONE cup of milk and POUR it into baking dish - not going to happen. Needs WAY more milk till it will form a batter. After you do that it's pretty good.
Everyone loved this recipe and it was SO easy to make. We ate it when it was still warm after 30 minutes out of the oven with vanilla ice cream - it was the best!
I used vegetable oil instead of canola oil because my niece is allergic to corn and since I couldn't find any water-packed pitted red cherries at my grocery store, I just used 2 cans (21 oz. each) of cherry pie filling and washed and drained it really well.
Whoa, there must be a way to cut the sugar in this thing. My teeth hurt and my tongue is sore from the overwhelming sweetness. I'm going to try leaving out most of the sugar in the cherries and see what happens. Anybody already try that? My husband, from the Midwest, asked if I'd heard of "Cherry Pudding Cake"; I searched on line and was happy to find this and make it. He said the taste matched what he remembered. I'm used to the California idea of sweet and am in sugar shock. Help.