Cherry Pistachio Bread Recipe
"A co-worker shared the recipe for these colorful loaves with me," writes Rose Harman of Hays, Kansas. "The red maraschino cherries and green pistachio pudding mix echo the colors of Christmas, so slices make a pretty addition to holiday trays. But their pleasant taste makes them appropriate any time of year."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil, water and food coloring if desired; add to dry ingredients. Beat until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in cherries and pecans.
- 2. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 tablespoon over the bottom and up the sides of two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Add batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC