- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 3/4 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil, water and food coloring if desired; add to dry ingredients. Beat until blended (batter will be thick). Fold in cherries and pecans.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle 1 tablespoon over the bottom and up the sides of two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Add batter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Cherry Pistachio Bread
Sort By :
"This was very good! I made it as recipe instructed except I only put in 1/3 cup of chopped cherries. However this reminded me of the pistachio muffins you see in grocery store bakeries - I think I would try to make this recipe more like those by leaving out the cherries, substituting walnuts for pecans, and adding a drop or two or almond extract. I think this recipe would be just right for those muffins."
"My favorite bread recipe, very easy and delish! Many requests!"