- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Drain cherries, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; whisk in juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Set aside 16 cherries. Cut remaining cherries in half and add to sauce; set aside.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; cut into six 4-in. squares. Discard trimmings. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.) On a baking sheet, layer phyllo squares, brushing with butter between each. Cut diagonally through dough from each corner 1-1/2 in. toward the center. Place a whole cherry between each cut; fold alternating points over cherries and toward the center. Brush with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets, cherries and butter.
- Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over cherry sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pinwheels in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p84
Reviews for Cherry Pinwheels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review