Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls Recipe
Aline Kellogg uses pineapple tidbits, nuts and maraschino cherries to dress up a tube of orange-flavored sweet rolls. "I came up with this when we became tired of plain cinnamon rolls," she writes from her home in Allegan, Michigan. "They're so quick and easy."
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1 tube (13.9 ounces) refrigerated orange sweet rolls with icing
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of icing from the sweet rolls. Cook and stir over medium heat until icing is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Sprinkle walnuts and cherries into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Top with pineapple mixture. Arrange sweet rolls on top.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining icing if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC