Aline Kellogg uses pineapple tidbits, nuts and maraschino cherries to dress up a tube of orange-flavored sweet rolls. "I came up with this when we became tired of plain cinnamon rolls," she writes from her home in Allegan, Michigan. "They're so quick and easy."
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice, divided
- 1 tube (13.9 ounces) refrigerated orange sweet rolls with icing
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of icing from the sweet rolls. Cook and stir over medium heat until icing is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle walnuts and cherries into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Top with pineapple mixture. Arrange sweet rolls on top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining icing if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p48
Reviews for Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review