Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls Recipe
Aline Kellogg uses pineapple tidbits, nuts and maraschino cherries to dress up a tube of orange-flavored sweet rolls. "I came up with this when we became tired of plain cinnamon rolls," she writes from her home in Allegan, Michigan. "They're so quick and easy."
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice, divided
- 1 tube (13.9 ounces) refrigerated orange sweet rolls with icing
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, 1/4 cup pineapple juice and 2 tablespoons of icing from the sweet rolls. Cook and stir over medium heat until icing is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and remaining pineapple juice until smooth; gradually stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle walnuts and cherries into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Top with pineapple mixture. Arrange sweet rolls on top.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining icing if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p48
Reviews for Cherry-Pineapple Sweet Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review