Cherry Pineapple Salad Recipe
This recipe makes a really pretty salad. My sister-in-law often brings it to our family get-togethers on holidays and special occasions. —Leona Luecking, West Burlington, Iowa
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2-1/3 cups boiling water
- 2 cans (16-1/2 ounces each) pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain and reserve enough cherry and pineapple juices to measure 2-1/2 cups; add to gelatin with lemon juice. Set fruits aside.
- Divide gelatin in half. Set aside one portion of gelatin at room temperature; chill the other portion until partially set. Fold pineapple into chilled gelatin; pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Chill until almost firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese and salt until light and fluffy. Spread over chilled gelatin layer. Refrigerate until firm. Chill reserved gelatin mixture until partially set. Fold in cherries and nuts; spread over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 3 hours. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Salad in Country Extra May 1992, p49
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review