Cherry Pineapple Pie Recipe
"My husband never liked cherry pie, until I added pineapple," says Carolyn Bartley of Curtice, Ohio.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, well drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3 drops almond extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in cherries, pineapple and extract.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie pan with the bottom crust. Add filling; dot with butter. Top with lattice crust. Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 443 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC