Cherry Pineapple Fruitcake
This is the finishing touch to our Christmas dinner. My family always claimed they didn't like fruitcake, but they love this one! For the best flavor, let it sit overnight before slicing.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + cooling
- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, combine the cherries, pineapple, pecans and 1 cup flour;
- set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine baking
- powder and remaining flour; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold
- in fruit mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and waxed paper-lined 10-in. tube pan. Bake at
- 300° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Remove waxed paper while warm; cool completely
- before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 600 calories, 36 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 141 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium,