- 1 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- In a bowl, combine the cherries, pineapple, pecans and 1 cup flour; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla. Combine baking powder and remaining flour; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in fruit mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and waxed paper-lined 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 300° for 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Remove waxed paper while warm; cool completely before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Fruitcake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p42
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Fruitcake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review