Cherry Pineapple Crisp Recipe
I made this crisp often when our children were growing up. Now our grandchildren love it as well. It's terrific topped with ice cream. Cherries and pineapple are a tasty combination.—Annabell Jordan, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Place cherries and juice in a saucepan; add pineapple, sugar and tapioca. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, baking powder and salt. Stir in vanilla. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bring cherry mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thick and bubbly. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC