Cherry Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Spread cherries and pineapple with juice over the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with nuts. Sprinkle dry cake mix over all. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Invert onto a serving plate. Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 268 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Cake
"This is so easy and wonderful. We loved it, Added a dab of whipped cream."
"Yeah, I've heard this referred to as "dump cake" super good!"
"Tastes great warm with vanilla ice cream! I add coconut before the nuts! They will be screaming for more! Regular Pie Cherries are great too!"
"This is incredible, and so easy to make. I used crushed pineapple in juice instead of heavy syrup and it came out great. I plan to keep the ingredients on hand for this cake because it's a great last minute dessert if you're out of time. And it takes so good, I'd make it even if I wasn't in a rush. As for the whipped cream, I'm sure it would make it delicious, but we didn't miss it!"