This recipe is fancy enough to serve to company. I love to serve with it with a dollop of whip cream.—Elaine De Rue, Hilton, New York
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Spread cherries and pineapple with juice over the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with nuts. Sprinkle dry cake mix over all. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Invert onto a serving plate. Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Cake in Country Woman March/April 1992, p35
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review