- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pitted tart red cherries, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Whipped cream, optional
- Spread cherries and pineapple with juice over the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Top with nuts. Sprinkle dry cake mix over all. Pour butter evenly over cake mix.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Invert onto a serving plate. Cut into squares. Top with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Cake
Sort By :
"Tastes great warm with vanilla ice cream! I add coconut before the nuts! They will be screaming for more! Regular Pie Cherries are great too!"
"This is incredible, and so easy to make. I used crushed pineapple in juice instead of heavy syrup and it came out great. I plan to keep the ingredients on hand for this cake because it's a great last minute dessert if you're out of time. And it takes so good, I'd make it even if I wasn't in a rush. As for the whipped cream, I'm sure it would make it delicious, but we didn't miss it!"