Cherry Pineapple Bars Recipe
"These bars are a holiday favorite in our family," says Barbara McCollum, Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. "I crush the graham crackers by placing them in a plastic zippered bag and using one of my 78 rolling pins!"
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cherries, pineapple, vanilla chips, coconut and walnuts; drizzle with condensed milk.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece equals 239 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC