"These bars are a holiday favorite in our family," says Barbara McCollum, Waynesburg, Pennsylvania. "I crush the graham crackers by placing them in a plastic zippered bag and using one of my 78 rolling pins!"
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cherries, pineapple, vanilla chips, coconut and walnuts; drizzle with condensed milk.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Pineapple Bars in Country Woman June/July 2008, p8
Reviews for Cherry Pineapple Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2012
"Tastes great but the crust became soggy."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"Simply divine. Sweet, tangy, great texture and, by the way, gone in 38.3 seconds - give or take!"