Cherry Pie Dessert
“A friend shared this recipe with me,” says Alisha Rice of Albany, Oregon about this easy dessert with a shortbread-like crust. It's buttery but crunchy and kids will absolutely love it.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (30 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in
- butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Spoon pie filling over crust; spread with
- whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 312 calories, 16 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.