“A friend shared this recipe with me,” says Alisha Rice of Albany, Oregon about this easy dessert with a shortbread-like crust. It's buttery but crunchy and kids will absolutely love it.
Recommended: Top 10 Cherry Desserts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (30 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Spoon pie filling over crust; spread with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pie Dessert in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p12
Reviews for Cherry Pie Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review