- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the
- creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each
- Spoon over pecan layer. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream and cheese until it begins
- to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat
- until stiff peaks form. Serve with cake. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons topping equals 742 calories, 43 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 180 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.