- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour butter into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan; sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange cherries in a single layer over brown sugar; top with pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon over pecan layer. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat cream and cheese until it begins to thicken. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and extracts; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve with cake. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pecan Upside-Down Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p151
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Upside-Down Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review