Cherry Pecan Torte Recipe
Field editor Dolores Lueken of Ferdinand, Indiana says, "Soda crackers are the 'secret ingredient' in this meringue.
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups saltine crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Spread whipped cream over top. Spoon pie filling over cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 341 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC