- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups saltine crumbs
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Spread whipped cream over top. Spoon pie filling over cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pecan Torte in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p67
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
"I have made this recipe for years! It comes together easy, and the taste is phenomenal!! I have one nephew that doesn't even like cherries. But he LOVES this!"