- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups saltine crumbs
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Beat in cream of tartar. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in crumbs, pecans and vanilla.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Cool completely. Spread whipped cream over top. Spoon pie filling over cream. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Pecan Torte in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p67
Reviews for Cherry Pecan Torte(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2012
I have made this recipe for years! It comes together easy, and the taste is phenomenal!! I have one nephew that doesn't even like cherries. But he LOVES this!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >