It’s a treat watching guests enjoying these rolls. The tart cherries, sweet almond paste and crisp streusel topping have them reaching for seconds every time.—Jeanne Holt, Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup almond paste, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 8-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, oats, butter and cinnamon. Set aside 1/3 cup for topping. To the remaining filling, stir in cherries and almond paste. Sprinkle over dough to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place cut side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir flour into reserved topping; sprinkle over rolls. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry-Pecan Streusel Rolls in Country Woman April/May 2012
Reviews for Cherry-Pecan Streusel Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review