Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread
"I've made this tender, moist bread for Christmas for the last 20 years. Mini loaves, baked in smaller pans, are great gifts."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).