"I've made this tender, moist bread for Christmas for the last 20 years. Mini loaves, baked in smaller pans, are great gifts."
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p21
Reviews for Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2010
"We used dried cranberries in place of the candied cherries and made it in a 5x2 and a 8x4 loaf pans. The eggnog flavor is faint, but the bread is well-flavored and moist."