- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups eggnog
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and nutmeg. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, eggnog, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p21
Reviews for Cherry-Pecan Quick Bread(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2010
We used dried cranberries in place of the candied cherries and made it in a 5x2 and a 8x4 loaf pans. The eggnog flavor is faint, but the bread is well-flavored and moist.