Cherry-Pecan Icebox Cookies Recipe
During the holiday season, I keep a roll of dough for these crisp cookies in the freezer. It's nice to offer unexpected company a home-baked treat.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup red and/or green candied cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and candied cherries.
- 2. Shape into four 8-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 13 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 64 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC