- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup red and/or green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans and candied cherries.
- Shape into four 8-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned and edges are set. Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 13 dozen.
Reviews forCherry-Pecan Icebox Cookies
"easy to make but lack flavour. the recipe need vanilla or almond extract added."
"was easy and very tasty"
"These are fabulous cookies. You can always make extra dough and save it in the freezer and can always have them on hand. The cookies are so pretty and the cherries just glow when held up to a light. They are lightly sweet with a hint of cherry. I have made these 4 times and always make up 4 batches each time because they get eaten up so quick!!!"
"This is my second year of making these cookies and I love them so much. easy to make and look great when plating."